A lot of newly-weds plan to take a trip abroad for their honeymoon. Some of the most desirable destinations include Europe and South East Asia. However, if you are looking to spend quality time with your spouse on your honeymoon, you don’t have to go very far. Goa is one of the most romantic destinations you’ll visit in your lifetime. With an endless number of romantic honeymoon resorts in Goa, your stay is sure to be magical.
So, what is so magical about Goa? Here are some things that are sure to make your honeymoon a memorable one:
- A stroll down Agonda Beach: Agonda beach, located in South Goa, is one of the most pristine beaches you’ll ever see. It’s quiet, serene and far from any loud, deafening noises. Take a walk on the sand, grab a drink from one of the little shacks that line the beach, and celebrate a new beginning with a candle-lit dinner.
- The view from Chapora Fort: Chapora Fort is located on the Chapora River and is a sight to behold and cherish. With a small trek up a hill, this fort is a must-see and a selfie-worthy spot. So, climb a little and take a photo with your loved one against the sterling skyline.
- Rent a bike: Explore the beauty of Goa whilst riding a motorcycle with your spouse. You can rent a moped or a motorcycle at any nook and corner of Goa for under Rs 1000 a day. That’s a sweet deal, isn’t it?
- Visit old Goa: Old Goa is a city steeped in history. Built under the Bijapur Sultanate in the 15th century, it has a number of churches and museums. Explore them together with your newly-wed and make it a memory to cherish.
- Water sports: Has the adventure bug bitten you and your spouse yet? If not, wait till you try out the water sports in Goa. There are a number of beaches that offer some amazing water sports options: Calangute, Colva, and Anjuna, to name a few. Visit any of these beaches and try out anything that tickles your fancy. From para-sailing to snorkelling, kayaking to windsurfing, Goa has it all!
These are just some of the things you can try out if you choose Goa as your honeymoon destination. Other reasons to consider this option is that it would work out much cheaper than going abroad. It has amazing connectivity across the country - by road, by air, and by train. And last but not the least, Zuri offers one of the best beach resorts in Goa. So, make it your new found love with the love of your life!