A major hub for the IT industry, Whitefield originally used to be an old British outpost. A frequent visitor to the area was Winston Churchill, the two time UK Prime Minister. A quaint settlement till the late 1990s, Whitefield’s expansion occurred only after the boom of the IT industry. Even today, traveling down the main road, you can see hints of old-fashioned British grandeur.
Now a self-sustaining unit on its own, Whitefield is slowly becoming one of the main cultural hubs of the city. Following is a list of things you can do only in Whitefield:
- Take a trip to the first dog cafe in Bangalore: An elegant house with a yard, good food and a bunch of cute dogs. Sounds like an ideal way to spend your day! You can spend your time lazing around on beanbags and chairs, while your canine companions can spend their energy playing catch. This cafe also welcomes dog lovers who don't have their own pets. There are different menus for pets and their owners, with delicious treats offered to both.
- Shop at H&M, VR mall: This Swedish brand set up shop in the VR mall in Whitefield. With collections for men, women and children, H&M has something for everyone. The accessories range from jewellery and caps to bags and shoes. This is definitely a one-stop shop for all shopaholics.
- Experience the Black Burger: One of the few places in India to offer the Black Burger, the WHTFLD Bar and Grill is a poolside restaurant in Whitefield. Flavoured with a homemade BBQ sauce, and filled with pulled pork marinated overnight, the Black Burger is a delicacy to be savoured. If you're not a meat lover, the laid-back ambience and the scrumptious vegetarian dishes make it worth the visit.
- Shop at a farm: Set in a farm-like ambience and surrounded by greenery, the Lake View Farm consists of shops, studios, music and dance classes, as well as a nail salon. It contains everything from quirky home decor to organic groceries. With an aromatherapy wellness store and a nail spa, you can pamper yourself with manicures, foot massages and retail therapy. Music and dance classes are also conducted at a performance space located at the farm.
- Watch a movie at the largest PVR in Bangalore: If you want to catch the latest flick in the biggest theatre in town, then the PVR at the VR Bangalore is the place to be. Capable of accommodating 1500 people, this multiplex has nine screens. Indulge yourself with gold-class facilities and IMAX, which are equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
To get the full experience of Whitefield, Bangalore, stay at one of the best 5-star hotels in Bangalore. A mixture of style and sophistication located at the heart of Bangalore, the Zuri Whitefield is one of the most luxurious hotels in Whitefield.